Residence Order

We can assist you in opposing/applying for a Residence Order

Request a Free Initial Consultation (telephone call)

Affordable high-quality support

See some of our many Success Stories

The definition ‘residence order’ was removed in April 2014 from the Children Act 1989 and replaced with the Child Arrangements Order (CAO). The Child Arrangements Order settles:
  • with whom a child is to live, spend time or otherwise have contact with, and
  • when a child is to live, spend time or otherwise have contact with any person
The phrase ‘is to live’ is equivalent to a residence order. The definition ‘spend time’ is the equivalent of a contact order. So it is important when you are in front of the Judge or negotiating with the other parent to understand what the new terminology means. Prior to the arrival of the Child Arrangements Order, a residence order was an order settling the arrangements to be made as to the person with whom a child is to live. The residence order determined where a child shall live but it could not order who will care for the child. It will usually be made in favour of a parent but can be made in favour of anyone. A residence order gives parental responsibility to those who are named and do not already have PR.

We're Here To Help

Hi I’m Jeff. A Mckenzie Friend Expert. If you need any assistance or have any questions we can help you with, please give us a call on the number below or fill in one of our contact forms to get a call back for a Confidential Free Consultation.

Book Your FREE initial confidential consultation. No Fee, no commitment – Just good solid advice

Haven’t got the time for a chat now?

What Our Clients Say...

error: Content is protected !!